Thursday, May 8, 2008

Introductions all around



Hello, and welcome to the exceedingly famous League of Elegant Giants. The name is all made up nonsense, and doesn't have any particular meaning or importance, aside from the fact that I wanted to draw a giant with a monocle for the banner.

If you're reading this, chances are you are one of my good friends, whom I have invited to join this little experiment because I value both your talent and candor. I hope to expand this blog into a nexus for our current works and projects, experiments, group efforts, and individual accomplishments.

Ideally, we would each be free to post our creative endeavors here and get feedback and critique from one another. I found that the largest flaw in my art education was the lack of honest advice about my work, from both my instructors and particularly my peers. Most of you are shining exceptions from the general mumbled "s'alright" or all too common stony silence.

I realize that this all sounds rather severe, and not like very much fun at all. I also hope that we could work together on short, entertaining, and largely absurd little week long projects. While I have yet to determine the specific nature of these projects or challenges, the end goal is to give us something fun to work on to enhance our skills. Anyone affiliated with the League of Elegant Giants would be free to participate, but by no mean forced to.

Once you've read this, please decide if you would like to participate. If you think "No, this doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in," The please throw yourself off of a cliff and rid this world of your insufferable presence. If, however, you are interested in giving this a shot, and helping me make this something more than a series of rantings and poorly drawn caricatures of Lincoln and Kaiser Wilhelm, then please contact me so I can give you permission to alter this mess for the better. Also, pick out a splendid pseudonym. I find that selecting a military title and opening a dictionary to a random page yields excellent results.
For Example:
General Thrust
Colonel Halloween
Lt. Mahjong
Private Ferris Wheel
Commander Strip Mine
Captain Once-over
Brigadier General Holocaust

All really selected at random from a dictionary! Go on, try it at home kids.

No comments: